Our Management team consists of
Care at Home Manager
North and West Operational Unit
Development officer North Highland
Befriending Dementia Coordinator
Health and Happiness in the Highlands
Falls Prevention Officer
Dornoch Firth Group
East Sutherland Community Care Forum
Hi, I’m Ellie and I’ve worked in Health and Social Care for 30 years, since graduating in Psychology. Most of my experience has been in managing projects for those with mental health problems or learning disabilities/autism and based within a community development context. I was also a lecturer in Social Work at Ruskin College, Oxford and with The Open University for seven years, with a special interest in Death and Dying and supporting the work of those who work with the terminally ill and their families. I have currently been managing a project called Health and Happiness, (for 12 years), in the Highlands, which was started by local people with learning disabilities to enable them to work together to make life better and fairer! It was through this project that I met the wonderful people involvd with EWA! I start a Masters Degree in Health Psychology next year, and am a qualified Medical Herbalist and Relexologist. I love spending time at home with my family, have 2 dogs and 3 cats, love drumming, walking, reading, history and meditation, and Gin – but not necessarily in that order! I strongly believe in communities and the ability of people to take charge of their own lives, health and destiny where possible and that kindness, warmth and good manners cost nothing, so we can spend freely!
Key Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Community Development – experienced working in community development.
- Small business owner – owned local shop and Post Office – guided business through lots of PO changes and difficult times.
- Member of East Sutherland Dementia Friendly Communities Collaborative – keeping up to date with strategies, and also dealing with funding issues
- Carer – experience of caring for family member
- Carer advocacy – carer support and carer forums
- Development officer North Highland Age Scotland
- Befriending Dementia Coordinator Befriending Highlands Development of Befriending Schemes
Key Skills, Experience and qualifications:
- Experience of developing and delivering health and wellbeing service within statutory and voluntary sector
- Leadership and management experience with NHS and local authority
Care at Home Manager North and West Operational Unit
- Service improvement within health and social care
- Project management, financial management and business planning
- Community development – in particular relating to health, wellbeing and social care
- Experience of local authority and NHS partnerships
Public Health Master Degree
Key Skill, Experience and qualification:
- 35 years experience working in the voluntary sector as CEO of small and medium sized organisations.
- While with YMCA Glasgow his main responsibility was the development of housing, youth and community work services and had the HR responsibility for 220 staff.
- presently works part time as the Falls Prevention Officer for the Dornoch Firth Group in East Sutherland.
- retired director with the East Sutherland Community Care Forum,
is a Safeguarding Trainer/Coordinator in Sutherland for the Church of Scotland,
BBC Children in Need Assessor
- treasurer of the Dornoch Cathedral West Church Hall Development Group.